Limited Visitation at United Helpers Rehabilitation & Senior Care/ALP, Canton (Updated 9/2/2020)
For Visitation Beginning September 8, 2020
- Family members will need to call Ashley Flanagan, in Medical Records, to schedule a visit. Phone number (315) 386-4541 ext. 3276. Visits will be scheduled Monday thru Friday, 10AM-Noon, and 1PM-3:45PM. Visits will be 30 minutes in length with 15 minute intervals between visits for transporting residents back and forth. There is a limit of two visitors per resident maximum. When scheduling an appointment, you will be asked to confirm your name, address, phone number and email address. Ashley will confirm the date and time for your visit.
- Please arrive ten minutes prior to your scheduled visit to allow time for screening and questions. Pull your vehicle up to the front of the main entrance, and a screener will come to your vehicle. We ask that you do not get out of your vehicle at that time. During the screening, you will be provided a fact sheet about the visitation process. After you are screened, please park your vehicle in the main parking lot so that you can see the door.
- When your loved one is brought outside, you can exit your vehicle and come to the chairs set up for the visit. We ask that you wear your mask and sanitize your hands as you approach the visiting space. Please do not move the furniture, and maintain social distancing of at least six feet at all times. Unfortunately, there can be no hugging, kissing, or holding hands as it will jeopardize future ability to have visits and subject your loved one to 14 days of quarantine.
- Personal items, including food or drinks, cannot be passed to your loved one during the visit. Continue to follow our process for leaving personal items in the foyer with your loved one’s name, to be properly sanitized.
- When your visit ends, staff will assist your loved one back into the building, and sanitize the table and chairs.
- We are able to accommodate 14 visits per day. We are initially limited to one visit a week per resident to ensure all residents have an opportunity to schedule a visit.
- Visitors are not allowed inside the building at this time, so there will be no bathroom access.
- Thank you for your patience during this limited visitation. We have been successful in preventing serious illness or spread of Covid-19 in our facility. Please help us continue with that success.