Limited Visitation at United Helpers Rehabilitation & Senior Care/ALP, Canton (Significant Updates for 9/17/2020)
Regarding Visitation Beginning on or after September 21, 2020
1) Family members will call Ashley Flanagan, in Medical Records, to schedule a visit. Phone number (315) 386-4541 ext. 3276. Visits will be scheduled for the Assisted Living Program (ALP) only beginning Tuesday, September 22, Tuesday thru Friday, 10 AM -Noon, and 1 PM-3:45 PM. Visits will be 30 minutes in length with 15-minute intervals between visits for transporting residents back and forth. There is a limit of two visitors per resident maximum. When scheduling an appointment, you will be asked to confirm your name, address, phone number, and email address. Ashley will confirm the date and time for your visit. Visitation for the skilled nursing facility will begin Monday, September 28, and will be scheduled Monday thru Friday, same times and processes as listed above.
2) Per NYS DOH guidance issued 9/16/2020, at the time of the visit, all visitors will be required to present a negative Covid-19 test result from the previous seven days.
3) Please arrive ten minutes prior to your scheduled visit to allow time for screening and questions. Pull your vehicle up to the front of the main entrance, and a screener will come to your vehicle. We ask that you do not get out of your vehicle at that time. During the screening, you will be provided a fact sheet about the visitation process. After you are screened, please park your vehicle in the main parking lot.
4) When your loved one is brought outside, you can exit your vehicle and come to the chairs set up for the visit. We ask that you wear your mask and sanitize your hands as you approach the visiting space. Please do not move the furniture, and maintain social distancing of at least six feet at all times. Unfortunately, there can be no hugging, kissing, or holding hands as it will jeopardize future ability to have visits and subject your loved one to 14 days of quarantine.
5) Personal items, including food or drinks, cannot be passed to your loved one during the visit. Continue to follow our process for leaving personal items in the foyer with your loved one’s name, to be properly sanitized.
6) When your visit ends, staff will assist your loved one back into the building, and sanitize the table and chairs.
7) We are able to accommodate 14 visits per day. We are initially limited to one visit a week per resident to ensure all residents have an opportunity to schedule a visit.
8) Visitors are not allowed inside the building at this time, so there will be no bathroom access. On 9/16/2020, NYS Department of Health advised that plans could be developed for in-door visits. We are in the process of developing the plan, however, visits will continue to be outdoors for at least the first full week of visitation.
9) Thank you for your patience during this limited visitation. We have been successful in preventing serious illness or spread of Covid-19 in our facility. Please help us continue with that success.