Limited Visitation at United Helpers Rehabilitation and Senior Care-Ogdensburg
Revised for Tentative Re-opening Wednesday, March 15, 2021
- Family members will need to call Larry Worden, Activities Director, to schedule a visit. Phone number (315) 393-0730 ext. 2473 or (315) 323-1454 (cell phone). Visits will be 30 minutes in length and scheduled every hour, with two visitors maximum. At the time of scheduling, you will be told which visiting area you will be assigned to. Please arrive ten minutes prior to your scheduled visit to allow time for screening and questions. Visits will be scheduled as follows:
- Monday: 9:00am, 10:00am, 11:00am
- Tuesday: 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm, 4:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am, 10:00am, 11:00am
- Thursday: 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm, 4:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am, 10:00am, 11:00am
- Saturday (every other): 10:00am, 11:00am, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm
- If weather does not permit outdoor visits (less than 65 degrees Fahrenheit, rain, wind, etc), visitation areas will be set up inside at the end of the Administrative hall. When the weather improves, 3 outdoor visiting areas will be set up on the front patio in front of the Welcome Center that allow for safe distancing and are labeled #1,2,3. Each area will have hand sanitizer.
- WHEN THE COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE IS BELOW 5%, NO COVID TESTS ARE REQUIRED PRIOR TO A VISIT. IF THE POSITIVITY RATE IS BETWEEN 5% AND 9.9%, PROOF OF A NEGATIVE COVID TEST RESULT WITHIN THE PREVIOUS 72 HOURS IS REQUIRED. IF THE POSITIVITY RATE IS AT OR ABOVE 10%, VISITATION MUST BE SUSPENDED. VISITATION MUST BE REFUSED IF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) EXHIBITS ANY COVID-19 SYMPTOMS, OR DOES NOT PASS SCREENING QUESTIONS.
- For INSIDE visits: Please come to the Welcome Center entrance and you will be screened in the lobby area. We will need names, addresses, phone numbers, and emails of all visitors. If you do not have a mask, we can provide you with one. During the screening, you will be provided a fact sheet about the visitation process. You will be directed to a waiting area while other visitors are being screened and escorted to the visitation room together (while maintaining social distancing). At that time, you can sit in your assigned area and your loved one will be brought in to visit. Please do not move the furniture, and maintain social distancing at all times. Masks must be worn at all times that cover the nose and mouth. At this time there can be no hugging, kissing, holding hands, or any contact as it will jeopardize future ability to have visits and subject your loved one to 14 days of quarantine. When the visit has ended, please remain in your area and all visitors will be escorted back to the Welcome Center at the same time.
- For OUTSIDE visits (when applicable): Come to your assigned visiting area with a mask and a screener will come out to check you in. Please sit in the chairs set up for the visit.
- Your loved one will then be brought outside and placed at a safe distance from your chairs. We are required to have staff monitor the visit for compliance.
- When your visit ends, staff will assist your loved one back into the building, and sanitize the table and chairs.
- Personal items, including food and drink, cannot be passed to your loved one during the visit. Continue to follow our process for leaving personal items with the front desk.
- We will be required to suspend visitation for at least 14 days with any positive COVID-19 test result of a resident or staff member.
- Thank you for your patience during this limited visitation. We recently experienced a significant COVID-19 outbreak at our facility and we are gradually reducing restrictions and limitations on resident movement and interactions. Please help us continue our journey back to a new normal.