Limited Visitation for United Helpers Rehabilitation & Senior Care/Assisted Living Program Canton
(Reopening Updates 2/25/2021)
Regarding Visitation Beginning on or after March 2, 2021
1. Family members will call Ashley Flanagan, Medical Records, to schedule a visit. Phone number (315) 386-4541 extension 3276. Visits will be held Monday thru Friday, 10 AM thru 11:45 AM, and 1 PM to 3:45 PM. Visits will be held in the Meditation Room, just to the right of the main entrance. ALP visits will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday and Skilled Nursing/Rehab visits will be held on Monday, Thursday, and Friday. Visits will be 45 minutes in duration with 15 minutes in between to allow time for transporting residents back and forth and sanitizing. There is a limit of two visits per resident, maximum. When scheduling an appointment, you will be asked to confirm your name, address, telephone number, and email address. Ashley will confirm the date and time for your visit.
2. Please arrive at the scheduled time of your visit. Enter the mediation doors to be screened. Your loved one will be waiting for you. We ask that you wear your mask and sanitize your hands when you enter. Please do not move the furniture, and maintain social distancing of at least six feet at all times. Unfortunately, there can be no hugging, kissing or holding hands as it will jeopardize the ability of future visits and subject your loved one to a 14-day quarantine.
3. Personal items, including food and drinks, cannot be passed to your loved one during visits. Continue to follow our process of leaving personal items in the foyer, with your loved one's name, to be properly sanitized.
4. When your visit ends, staff will assist your loved one back to their room, and sanitize the table and chairs for the next visit.
5. We are able to accommodate 10 visits per day. We are initially limited to one visit a week per resident to ensure that all residents have an opportunity to schedule a visit.
6. Any resident in a 14-day quarantine or observation period, or with signs or symptoms of COVID -19 will not be eligible for visitation.
7. When the county positivity rate is below 5%, no COVID tests are required prior to visitation. If the positivity rate is between 5 and 10 %, proof of a negative COVID test result within the last 72-hours is required. If the positivity rate is above 10%, visitation must be suspended.
8. Thank you for your patience at this time. We recently experienced a significant outbreak of COVID-19, and are gradually reducing restrictions and limitations on resident movement and interactions. Please help us continue our journey back to a new normal.