United Helpers Skilled Nursing Facility Visitor Fact Sheet – COVID-19 - Ogdensburg
Limited visitation, including, but not limited to, family members, loved ones, representatives from the long-term care ombudsman program (LTCOP), and resident advocacy organizations, will be permitted under the following conditions:
- Visitation will consist of a maximum of 30-minute visits. Visitors are required to call the facility ahead of time to determine available visitation times and schedule accordingly.
- Visitation will be limited to outdoor areas, weather permitting. If the outdoor temperature is below 65 degrees Fahrenheit or other inclement weather, the visitation will be held indoors in the designated area.
- No consumption of food or drink is permitted during visitation times and no restroom accommodations will be available while on the premises.
- Adequate staff will be present to allow for assistance with the transition of residents, monitoring of visitation, and cleaning and disinfecting areas used for visitation after each visit.
- All visitors will be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to visitation and must present a verified negative test result within the last week (7 days). Visitation will be refused if visitor(s) fail to present such negative test result, exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, or do not pass the screening questions.
- Visitor screening will consist of both temperature checks and asking of screening questions to assess potential exposure to COVID-19, to include questions regarding international travel or travel to other states designated under the Commissioner’s travel advisory.
- Visitors must wear a face mask or face covering which covers both the nose and mouth at all times while on the premises to include designated visitation time. Facemasks will be available at entry to the facility.
- Visitors must maintain social distancing guidelines of 6 feet at all times during the visit, which includes no physical contact with staff or residents.
- Visitors must follow proper hand hygiene protocol while on the premises. Hand sanitizing stations will be provided at all screening and visitation sites.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
- COVID-19 positive residents, residents with COVID-19 signs or symptoms, and residents in a 14-day quarantine or observation period are not eligible for visits.
*** Please note: The facility Administrator reserves the right to suspend and/or discontinue visitation. In the event of an increased incidence of community cases of COVID-19, visitation will automatically be suspended; residents and family members will be notified of any changes to the visitation plan via web page, email, text, or social media.
If any visitor fails to adhere to the above protocol, he/she will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 state declared public health emergency.